Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to Double Vision!

Hello to all! My name is Whitney, I'm from Missouri, and I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 year old boy/girl twins. My reason for creating this blog was to track and journal my journey to a healthier life for myself and my family. A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with a few health problems that I believe were a result of my environment. Because of this, I have decided to do all in my power to provide my family with a healthier life physically, emotionally, financially, and most importantly, spiritually.

Being a mom in 2010 is hectic. There are so many activities that you feel pressured into engaging in to aid in creating "well rounded" children that healthy living gets lost in the shuffle. Believe me, I am very guilty of this. That is one of the reasons I decided to do this blog - to hold myself accountable.

Over the next couple of years, I will be slowly creating a life for my family that is healthier all around. I would love for all of you to join me in this quest. I have recently started sewing to earn a few extra dollars and I love it! Every day I am learning more ways to save money by creating on my own. I would love to share these ideas with you! Another goal of mine is to create a garden that my family can primarily live off of. Our current home does not afford me the opportunity to start this garden, but we will be moving in the next year or so and that is one of the criteria for that "new" house. On a side note - I haven't gardened a day in my life, so this particular endeavor could be quite entertaining to follow! The "new" house that we will be buying will be another interesting line to follow. I would love to purchase an older home (built in the late 60s, 70s, or early 80s) and make as many of the renovations as possible ourselves. We will be on a strict budget, so my creativity will really need to run wild with this one! Finally, I want to slow my family down in order to appreciate all that this world has to offer (for free!). While my husband and I are Christians, there is still much for us to learn and many ways for us to grow. As my children are growing I am feeling a greater responsibility to teach them about God and our savior Jesus Christ. Hopefully, through this entire endeavor, I will find many teaching moments for them so that they can learn to thank Him for this wonderful world he has provided.

I think that about sums up my opening post and my goal for this blog. I hope you all enjoy the ride and get some useful information out of it as well. Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment